The Candida Cleanse
Copyright 2006 - 2013 Theresa Dale
Overgrowth of Candida yeast in the digestive tract or mucous membranes, called candidiasis, was popularized by William Crook, MD in his 1983 book, The Yeast Connection. It is also known as Candida-related complex, polysystemic candidiasis, and chronic candidiasis. While some doctors dismiss candidiasis as a "fad" diagnosis, an increasing number of doctors and naturopaths are recognizing that Candida infection can be a serious health concern.
The die-off from Candida needs to be cleansed from the blood, and all filtering organs. This can be achieved through the 13 day Whole Body Deep Cleanse; Gallbladder/Liver Flush Kit. Follow the instructions in the kit completely. If you choose to not administer the 13 days Whole Body Deep Cleanse, results will not be as thorough due to the die-off. Now, whether or not you do the Whole Body Deep Cleanse, you need to adhere to the following diet program and Candida-Ease for two to three months. You start the diet on day one of this protocol.
Diet is an important part of the Candida cleanse. The length of time on the Candida cleanse depends on the length of time one has had symptoms, symptom severity, and overall health. Many people notice improvement after strict adherence to the diet using the Candida-Ease for two to four weeks. For others it takes more time, depending on the diet-off. Once symptoms are gone, whole foods from the restricted list can be slowly incorporated back into the diet.
Limit daily carbohydrate intake -Sugar feeds Candida, so it is important to minimize the total carbohydrate content of one's diet. During the first 2 to 3 weeks of the program, it is recommended that carbohydrate intake be limited.
Learn the symptoms of Candida yeast infections.
Candida is believed to contribute to many troubling and vague health problems including:
- Chronic vaginal yeast infections, with classic symptoms of itchiness, burning, and abnormal discharge
- Digestive symptoms, such as irritable bowel syndrome, gas, bloating, diarrhea, constipation, or heartburn
- Respiratory allergies, such as sneezing, congestion and/or wheezing
- Food allergies
- Chronic fatigue
- Nervous system symptoms, such as anxiety, depression, irritability, poor memory and/or poor concentration
- Menstrual irregularities, such as severe premenstrual tension and/or irregular menstruation
- Skin rashes The risk factors for Candida yeast infection are: use of broad-spectrum antibiotics, use of oral contraceptives, diets rich in yeast-containing foods or refined sugars, and pregnancy.
This detox diet plan supports detoxification by increasing elimination from the body, cleansing the colon, enhancing circulation to clear toxic substances, eliminating foods from the diet that require detoxification or are allergenic, and providing nutrients to support and protect the liver which one of the main organs involved in detoxification.
List of Foods to Avoid
Refined sugar and mixtures containing refined sugar, including sucrose, dextrose, corn syrup, brown sugar, and turbinado. Avoid artificial sweeteners.
2) Dairy Products
Milk, eggs, butter and other dairy products.
Wheat and products containing wheat.
All gluten-containing grains, including barley, oats, rye, spelt and kamut. Some people are sensitive to gluten, a protein fragment in these grains.
Corn and all corn products
Coffee, both regular and decaffeinated, black tea, and other drinks containing caffeine. Green tea, however, is allowed and should be enjoyed by regular coffee-drinkers.
7) Other Foods to Avoid
- Fermented Foods
- Food additives and preservatives
- High-Fat Foods
List of Foods to Enjoy
First and foremost, all foods should be organically grown, without pesticides
1) Fresh Fruit
Enjoy all fresh fruit. Go easy on grapefruit. A compound in grapefruit called naringin can significantly inhibit liver detox enzymes and should be avoided during detox diets. Organic berries are best.
2) Fresh Vegetables
All fresh vegetables except corn, which is possibly an allergenic food. Great detox foods include broccoli, cauliflower, broccoli sprouts, onions, garlic,
artichokes, beets, red and green vegetables.
Rice is easily digested by most people. Choose brown rice, rice cakes, rice crackers and rice pasta.
4) Other Grains
Quinoa, amaranth, millet, and buckwheat can be used instead of rice. They can
be purchased at a health food store.
Tips That Will Help Your Body during the candida cleanse diet
Carbohydrate intake should be restricted to 20 to 60 grams per day, depending on age, health, activity level, and extent of grain sensitivities. As symptoms disappear, the carbohydrate total can gradually increase. Foods that are low carb include protein foods such as chicken, turkey, shellfish, some nuts, and non-starchy vegetables.
Split yellow and green peas and lentils are easy to digest and require less soaking time. Other acceptable legumes include kidney beans, pinto beans, mung beans, garbanzo beans (chickpeas) and adzuki beans.
6) Nuts and Seeds
Unsalted nuts, seeds and nut butters can be sprinkled over any meal. Includes flaxseed, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, almonds, cashews and walnuts. Avoid peanuts.
Poached, broiled or steamed wild fish can be enjoyed in moderation.
Extra-virgin organic olive oil
Vegetable salt, sea salt, vinegar, naturally fermented soy sauce or tamari, any culinary herbs or spices, limited amounts of honey.
10) Herbal Tea
Herbal non-caffeinated teas, green tea.
11) Other Beverages
Water, lemon water, 100% natural fresh-juiced fruit and vegetable juices, rice milk
12) Daily Detox Must Do's
- Start the Candida-Ease Homeopathic Formula. You will need two bottles at a minimum, for the length of this program.
- Take a probiotic before each meal, which you can get at the health food store.
- Eat raw unsweetened coconut.
- Drink a minimum of 8 glasses of water per day, warm or room temperature. Water is essential to clear waste from the blood in addition to the Whole Body Deep Cleanse. Thirst is often mistaken for hunger.
- Start the Whole Body Cleanse Kit along with this program for even greater results.
- Do not drink liquids around mealtime.
- Dilute any fruit juice with 50% water. (Bottled fruit juice can be fermented)
- Take the time to chew food well, especially grains.