By: Theresa Dale, Ph.D., C.C.N., N.P.
I am sure that all of you have had an experience where you enjoy a meal with another person and even order the same meal, but one of you gets sick and the other does not. The real reason lies in the strength or weakness of your immune system. First you will learn about the Five Categories of Allergic Sensitivities and then the Top Causes of Immune Breakdown. You will also learn facts about how to address these issues.
Allergies can be evasive and the underlying real cause may be difficult to identify. So many clients since the 80’s have been confused about their symptoms and the underlying cause. They were not aware that the immune system could be burdened causing a reaction to food(s), or environmental substances. First lets take a look at the five categories of allergic sensitivities and their symptoms and then the top causes of a burdened immune system.
Specifically, there are five categories of allergic sensitivities. Classifications of patients’ symptoms are described as follows. Do you have any of the following symptoms?
1. Food Allergies: Patients who predominantly have food allergies. Symptoms: no seasonal symptoms, only varying symptoms when they eat a food that their body is sensitive to.
2. Seasonal Pollen Allergies: Patients who have only seasonal pollen allergies but the rest of the year feel reasonably well. Symptoms: sniffing, sneezing, coughing, asthma, sinus and wheezing.
3. Chemical Sensitivities: Patients who have chemical sensitivities. Symptoms: varying symptoms from exposure to perfume, gasoline, fabric softener, MSG or other preservatives, chemicals in food, tobacco smoke and other chemicals, however, do not have symptoms from pollens or foods.
4. Combination: Patients with a combination of pollen, food and chemical allergies, sensitivities and intolerances. Infinite numbers of symptoms can exist and combinations, varying in severity from person to person.
5. Universal Reactors: Patients are described as ecologically/environmentally ill or sensitive. They often have other health problems combined with their severe allergies and sensitivities to pollen, food and chemicals.
The solution to allergy relief is to strengthen the immune system while identifying the underlying source of the allergy which is discuss below; Top Causes of Immune Breakdown. Now when you find the answer and the cause, address it while using a homeopathic and nutritional treatment method. The best homeopathic formula will be made from a homeopathic “phenolic”. Use only supplements with magnesium stearate and other flow agents or preservatives.
What is a Phenolic?
Reactions to Phenolic’s are caused by Immune weakness. The straight scientific talk is that Phenolic are aromatic benzene ring compounds with one or more hydroxyl groups produced by plants mainly for protection against stress. Now, the functions of phenolic compounds in plant physiology and interactions with biotic and abiotic environments are difficult to overestimate. For example, Phenolic compounds are closely associated with the sensory and nutritional quality of fresh and processed plant foods. So, the scent of the flower is a phenol just as the taste, color and mouth feel of wine are naturally occurring phenols. Furthermore, phenols are added to processed food causing you to desire them, even crave them.
Phenolic are the real allergens and are six-sided chemical rings that are part of basic food and pollen molecules. Phenolic compounds include amino acids, hormones and neuro-chemicals. One well-known phenolic is urushiol, found in poison ivy and poison oak. Contact with poison ivy or poison oak produces severe rashes and itching known as urushiol-induced contact dermatitis.
Intolerance to phenolic’s cause a wide variety of complaints, including these feelings:
• Wheat gives me headaches
• My joints ache after eating tomatoes
• Eating nuts causes my tongue to swell and my mouth to blister
• Oranges give me diarrhea
• Eating strawberries cause me to breakout
Allergic reactions to one or more Phenolic often include:
• Abdominal Pain
• Muscle Pain
• Poor Concentration
• Bloating and Gas
Since allergies are related to immune system function, therefore, we need to identify the cause of immune system breakdown. To clarify the following list will help you pinpoint any allergic relationship to causes.
Top Causes Of Immune Breakdown
• Tonsils, dental infections and heavy metal toxicity
• Lifestyle and Diet
• Social Drugs and long-term Prescription Medication usage.
• Methylation Issues (Related to how the body detoxified food and environmental toxicity).
• Neurotransmitter / Autonomic Nervous System
• Adrenal Exhaustion
• Environmental Toxicity
• Emotional Issues
• Electromagnetic (EMF)
Info about Dr. Theresa Dale