Niacinamide is one of the two forms of the B3 vitamin, Niacin. Niacinamide is required in hundreds of enzymatic reactions in the body and research has demonstrated its benefits for arthritis, asthma, diabetes, heart disease, stress, stroke, and recently as an anti-aging nutrients.
The benefits of Niacinamide
- Niacinamide has benefits for diabetics, including reducing nitric oxide synthase, enhancing ox/redox function to restore NAD levels, and reducing glycosylated hemoglobin levels which reduces organ and blood vessel oxidation load and damage.
- Niacinamide has many anti-inflammatory and anti-aging properties!
- Niacinamide supplementation is an effective way to increase intracellular NAD levels, which are necessary for cellular metabolism!
- Niacinamide reduces the psychological effects of stress and anxiety!
- In asthma, niacinamide supplementation reduced mast cell degranulation and histamine release, and provides superior altervatives to nonsteriodal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- New research has shown that niacinamide is helpful with skin cancer.